Dr. Bhaskar Ramgopal Gupta
MBBS, MD (Paediatrics)
Consultant-Paediatrics & Neonatology
35 years of experience in Paediatrics & Neonatology in leading hospitals worldwide in India, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, Kuwait and Dubai.
- Resident Paediatrician at Indira Gandhi Government Medical College for 3 years
- Founder Head of Department of Paediatrics and Lecturer in Paediatrics at Lata Mangeshkar Hospital and NKP Salve Institute of Medical Sciences for 5 years
- Associate Professor in Paediatrics at NKP Salve Institute of Medical sciences
- Trained in Neonatology at Tertiary care Level III Neonatal Intensive care unit at Royal Hospital, Ministry of Health , Muscat Sultanate of Oman
- Specialist Paediatrician and Neonatologist at Khoula Hospital, Ministry of Health, Muscat Sultanate of Oman managing Level III intensive care unit and referral Paediatrics cases for period of 9 years.
- Specialist Paediatrician at Yiaco Apollo Medical Centre Kuwait , Ministry of Health Kuwait and Kuwait Institute of Medical Specialisation for a period of 10 years
- Medical Director at Yiaco Apollo Medical Centre for a period of 5 years
- Specialist Paediatrician licensed by Dubai Health Authority at Prima Care clinic Bur Dubai, UAE under AVIVO Health care group managing all critical and routine Paediatrics cases for period of 1 year.
- BLS & PALS Trained by American Heart Association in year 2017-18
- Postgraduate certification programme in Paediatric Nutrition by Boston University USA in 2017
- International Certification Programme on Preterm Nutrition at University of Western Australia in 2018
- Professional Course in Hospital Management by MSME IDEMI, Mumbai Government of India in year 2017
- MBBS from IGGMC Nagpur in 1985
- M D (Paediatrics) from IGGMC Nagpur in 1989
- Neonatology training at Muscat Oman in 1995-1996
- MRCPCH ( U K ) Part I in 2003
- Certified Professional in Hospital Management in 2017
- Trained in "Neonatal resuscitation" at the Indo- US Neonatology workshop organized by US Faculty exchange programme of University of Illinois, Chicago USA at Government Medical college, Nagpur on October 1988.
- Trained in "Primary Paediatric care" organized by Medical council of India, American association of Physicians from India & Indian acad of Paediatrics at Nagpur, India on November 1994
- Trained in "Lactational Management" by Breast feeding hospital Initiative organized by LTM Medical College Sion, Bombay, India on February 1995.
- Organizer and Master Trainer for the workshop on "Total Quality Management Practices' organized by Muscat Governorate, Ministry of Health, Oman, on April 1999.
- Trained in Practical and Theory course of Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative organized by Director General of Health Services, Governorate of Muscat, Oman on July 1999.
- Co-coordinator for Multicentre Growth Reference Study (MCGRS) for Muscat Governorate Oman in the year 2001-2002. This was a large international study by WHO for the growth parameters in 7 countries.
- Trained for Emergency Medical care by the EMS department of Ministry of Health Kuwait (accredited to American Academy of Emergency medicine) in April 2006.
- Kuwait Emergency Council training on Peripheral and Soft tissue injuries by Kuwait Institute for Medical Specialization on February 2006
- Trainer of Neonatal Resuscitation programmed and Basic Life support courses by Staff Development department , Ministry of Health, Khoula Hospital, Muscat, Oman.
Research Papers Published in International Journals
- Study on "Surfactant Therapy in Hyaline Membrane disease one year experience at Khoula Hospital" published in Oman Medical Journal, Volume 15, No 2, 12-15, Nov 1998.
- Case report on "Meckel Gruber syndrome - atypical clinical presentation" published in Oman Medical Journal, Vol 15, No 1, 34-38, August 1998.
- Case report on " Fraser Syndrome - unusual anesthetic complications" published in Oman Medical Journal, Volume 16, No 1, 45-48, August 1999.
- Study on "Evaluation of Born before arrival babies at Khoula Hospital" published in Annals of Saudi Medicine 99, 205-206.
- Study on " Effects of Human Milk Fortification in extreme preterm babies" published in Annals of Saudi Medicine, 215-216
- Case report on " Congenital Insensitivity to pain with Anhidrosis- a Neonatal presentation" published in Indian Journal of Paediatrics, Vol 70, No 1, 109-111, Jan 2003
- Case report on " Congenital Contractural Arachnodactyly ( Beals syndrome) in a neonate : first case report with hypospadius" published in Indian Pediatrics Journal Vol 30, 1159-1161,2002.
- Research paper "Trends and Causes of Perinatal Mortality in Muscat Region" published in Oman Medical Journal Vol 19, No 3 / 4 July-Oct 2004 p 37-40.
- Original research article on" Factors influencing outcome of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia" published in Kuwait Medical Journal Vol 38, No 4, 287-290, December 2006.
- Case Report on "Unusual presentation in siblings with Pena-Shokeir syndrome' published in Kuwait Medical Journal Vol 39, No 3, 278-291, September 2007.
- Research paper on "Changing Patterns of Blood Borne Sepsis in Special Care Baby Unit, Khoula Hospital" published in Oman Medical Journal Vol 25, Issue 2, 100-103,April 2010.
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded the best Poster paper presentation at 12th International Child Health Conference held in Muscat, Oman March 1999 on the paper " Evaluation of Born before arrival babies at Khoula Hospital"
- Awarded the 2nd best Poster presentation at 14th International Child Health Conference at Muscat Oman on February 2000 on paper " Effects of Human Milk Fortification in extreme preterm babies"
- Committee member and organizer for Research day activates and presented a paper at Muscat Week Research Day , DGHS, Muscat Oman on Feb 2001
- Speaker at " National Womens and Child Health Conference" at Institute of Health Sciences, Sultanate of Oman, in 1999 and 2000.
- Organiser & Speaker at the International Neonatology Symposium organized by Khoula Hospital and 15th International Child Health conference, Muscat , Oman held on 22nd February 2003 on the topic "Changing trends of Blood borne sepsis in neonatal units"
- Presentations at various international conferences in Egypt and Turkey.
- Reviewer for articles published in indexed journal "Oman Medical Journal" having reviewed 8 articles for publication
- Life member of Indian Academy of Paediatrics Central IAP Delhi India
- Life Member Academy of Medical Sciences, Nagpur India
- Member Oman Medical Society, Muscat, Oman
- Member Kuwait Institute of Medical Specialisations (KIMS), Kuwait
- Joint Treasurer of Indian Doctors Forum under Kuwait Medical Association Kuwait for the year 2006-2008.
- Treasurer for Indian Doctors forum ( a registered organization with over 600 doctors under Kuwait Medical association) involved in organizing socio-cultural, community and academic events in Kuwait.
- Life Member Arab Association of Paediatric Pulmonologists.
- Member Dubai Paediatric club, Dubai UAE