Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh
MBBS, MD (Medicine), DNB (Medicine), DNB (Gastroenterology)
Consultant - Gastoenterology, Hepatology & Interventional Endoscopy
- Worked as a clinical associate and research fellow at Hinduja Hospital.
- Worked as Consultant gastroenterologist and hepatologist at Meenakshi Mission Hospital, Madurai where he gained great exposure to various therapeutic endoscopies, ERCP and Endoscopic Ultrasound.
- Worked at Wockhardt superspeciality hospital, Nagpur for four years during which successfully managed many critical patients with various luminal gastroenterology and liver related problems. He also performed many routine and emergency complex endoscopy and ERCP procedures too during his tenures.
- He has expertise in ERCP including bile duct stone removal, metal stent placement, pancreatic endotherapy, Gastroscopy and colonoscopy with therapeutic procedures like variceal band ligation, sclerotherapy, glue injection, clip application, foreign body removal, gastrostomy (PEG), argon plasma coagulation, adrenaline injection, metal stent placement for various cancers.
- M.B.B.S. Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, 2002
- M.D. (Medicine) INHS Asvini Naval Institute Mumbai, 2005
- D.N.B. (Medicine) Diplomate of National Board of Examination, Delhi, 2006
- D.N.B. (Gastroenterology) P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and MRC, Mumbai, 2010
Research / Publications
- He has one international in world journal of gastroenterology, two national publications in prestigious Indian Journal of Gastroenterology to his credit. He has presented numerous posters at various conferences during his career.
- Has chaired sessions, presented papers and participated as faculty in national and international conferences.
- Has conducted many radio, television interviews and public lectures for health education.
- He is a part of Indian society of gastroenterology task force for gastrointestinal bleed.