Dr. Surajkumar K Agrawal
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), M.Ch (Surgical Oncology)
Consultant - Surgical Oncology
- 9 Years of Experience in Surgical Oncology
- Dr. Suraj Agrawal has had an enviable career in the field of oncosurgery. He completed his super-specialty training in cancer surgery (M.Ch. Oncosurgery) from the prestigious Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai, which is the apex cancer treatment hospital in the country. At tata memorial hospital, he underwent intensive 4 year training in treatment of all major cancers in the body.
- After gaining rich experience in cancer surgery at TMH, he joined wockhardt super-speciality hospital, Nagpur as a full time consultant in oncosurgery in January 2015. He established a successful oncosurgery unit at wockhardt hospitals, which catered to whole of central India. He then moved to alexis hospital, nagpur in November 2016 as full time consultant in oncosurgery.
- Head neck cancers (oral cavity, thyroid, parotid, maxilla etc.)
- Breast cancer (breast conservation surgery, mastectomies etc.)
- Thoracic cavity cancers (lung cancer, oesophagus cancer, mediastinal tumour etc.)
- Urological cancers (kidney cancer, urinary bladder cancer, prostatic cancer, testis, penile cancer, adrenal tumours)
- Gynaecological cancers (cervix, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer)
- Gastro-intestinal cancers (Stomach, colorectal, pancreatic, liver, gall bladder cancers and retro-peritoneal tumours)
- Soft tissue sarcomas
- His major interest lies in minimising the morbidity associated with major cancer surgery by optimum use of minimally invasive and laparoscopic techniques. He has special interest in breast cancer surgery and is widely known in central India for breast conservative surgery.
Research / Publications
At Tata Memorial Hospital, he has been involved in various research projects. Some of his research projects are:
- VATS vs Open Thymectomy: Retrospective Study
- Nephron Sparing Surgery: An Institutional Audit