Internal Medicine is the medical speciality dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases. By definition it is an all- embracing discipline concerning itself with all aspects of pathology and all the organ based specialities.
Our objectives are to focus on evidence based medicine to reach a sound diagnosis. We implement treatment plans and focus on educating the patient on their health issues.
The division of Internal Medicine at Alexis Multispeciality Hospital includes physicians whose primary role is to provide medical care in the hospital. It includes 24-hour care of inpatients and outpatients services. Our Internal Medicine team's goal is to combine the latest evidence based medicine with thoughtful considerations of each patient's need to foster wellness and healing.
Scope of the Department
- The Internal Medicine department is designed to provide basic and specialized procedures and corrective services to the entire family through education, disease prevention services, diagnosis and treatment of adult disease related to ineffective and metabolic diseases.
- Internal medicine services are extended to age group ranging from 12 years to geriatric patients. This includes our super specialty clinic (organ specific) and an infrastructure facility for day to day care including procedure rooms for various medical diagnostic and therapeutic tests.
Scope of Services
- Diagnosis and management of undiagnosed/advanced fevers
- Antibiotic management of complex infections
- Complicated viral, fungal and parasitic infections
- Tropical infections including dengue malaria typhoid etc
- Drug sensitive and resistant tuberculosis
- Travel medicine and adult vaccinations
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Infections in cancer
- Post operative infections
- Post organ transplant infections
- Zoonoses - i.e infections transmitting from animals
- Treatment of all organ based infections
- Bone, spine , soft tissue and joint infections
- Hospital infection control